Sears School Materials Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Sent: May 18, 2020
The message below is a pass through of information for the Joseph Sears School regarding the pick-up and drop-off of school materials for all students on Thursday May 28th. We are passing this information on so that people living in the area will be aware of the increased traffic flow that day. We ask all residents to avoid this area, if you can, on May 28th.
Dear Members of The Joseph Sears Community,
On Thursday, May 28
, families will have an opportunity to pick up student belongings and other items that need to go home with students for the year. The following processes have been developed in accordance with guidance from Governor J.B. Pritzker and the Illinois State Board of Education.
In order to complete this process in the safest, and most efficient manner possible, families will be able to drive up in front of the school and volunteers will place the bagged items into your car. In order to make this process move smoothly, please read the following information carefully:
- Pick Up Date - Thursday, May 28
- 8:30 - 9:30 Families A - C
- 10:00 - 11:00 Families D - H
- 11:30 - 12:00 Families I - L
- 12:30 - 1:30 Families M - O
- 2:00 - 3:00 Families P - Z
- We ask that you please come during your designated time slot. If you are unable to make your designated time slot or are unable to pick up your materials on this day, please try to coordinate with another family. We are unable to provide an alternate pick up date at this time.
- A mask or face covering is required. You can find guidance on the use of masks for the State of Illinois HERE.
- Plan to drive to pick up your belongings. Please do not walk to the building so that traffic and flow can be coordinated.
- We ask that the names and grades of your children be clearly displayed on the passenger side of the windshield. Please also indicate whether you would like the materials placed in your back seat or trunk. You can use THIS TEMPLATE or make your own.
- To manage the flow of traffic we ask that you drive northwest on Essex, west on Warwick, and southeast on Abbotsford to pull up in front of the school (see map below). Please be considerate of not blocking the driveways of homes on this path.
- When you are in front of the school, a volunteer will check the names in your windshield, get the bags of your students, and place them in your back seat or trunk.
- The contents of the students’ bags will include locker and desk contents. Other items may include PE locker contents, yearbooks, class pictures, medications, and items from the lost and found.
- Students in grades JK - 7 will keep their technology and other school materials (library books, textbooks) home over the summer. These items will be collected in the fall.
Families of 8th-grade students ONLY
Please pack up the following items in a plastic bag with your student’s name clearly marked on the bag to return during the materials pick up process. You will be asked to exit the car briefly and put these items in a designated location on the sidewalk. Please do not hand the items directly to a volunteer and we ask that you wear a mask or face covering.
- 8th grade only - iPads and chargers
- 8th grade only - Textbooks
- 8th grade only - Library books
- 8th grade only - athletic uniforms
When you get your students’ belongings home, we encourage you to recycle
(papers, plastics), reuse
(school supplies in good condition), and donate
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, May 28, for materials pick up. If you have any questions about this process, please contact Susan White at email@example.com
Dr. Lisa Leali
Kenilworth School District No. firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibility, Kindness, Honesty, Respect
Kenilworth Police Department
419 Richmond Road • Kenilworth, IL 60043
Phone: 847-251-2141 • FAX: 847-251-3445
"Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kenilworthpolice/