Brier, Maclean, and Park Water Main Project
Check out the Brier, Maclean, and Park water main project page by clicking here, for updates on the project, and other useful information.
Residents on or near the project area of Brier, Maclean, and Park are encouraged to subscribe to our text notifications system. Project updates will be sent frequently and those interested can subscribe by texting "water_main" to 74121.
Proposed FY2023 Budget
The proposed FY2023 Budget is available for review by clicking here. The Village Board began its budget preparation process at the September 13th Committee of the Whole meeting. The presentation from that meeting can be found by clicking here. The Village Board received the proposed budget for review at its October 24th meeting. The Trustees met in their Committee of the Whole format on Wednesday, November 9th at 6:00 p.m. to further discuss the budget. The presentation from that meeting can be found by clicking here. A public hearing was held on Monday, November 21st by the Village Board, where the proposed budget was discussed. The discussion will be continued to the December 12th Village Board meeting, where the budget will be considered for approval.
Recent Village Board Activity
On November 21st, the Village Board took the following action during their regular meeting:
- Adopted the estimated 2022 Tax Year property tax levy
- Issued approximately $1,000,000 of bonds to finance various capital projects in the 2023 calendar year
- Ratified an agreement with Woodhouse Tinucci Architects of Chicago, Illinois for architectural and design services
- Ratified a lease agreement with SMSA Limited Partnership (Verizon Wireless) for cellular equipment at the water tank
- Amended the Liquor Code concerning licensing and classifications for brew pubs and craft breweries, distilleries, wineries, and meaderies
- Authorized a contract with Morton Salt of Chicago, Illinois for the purchase of road salt
- Discussed the fiscal year 2023 budget
- Adopted the 2023 annual fee schedule
The meeting packets that contain the agenda, as well as staff reports, can be found here.
Sign-up to Receive Smart911 Alerts Today
The Kenilworth Police Department wants to share with residents the opportunity to register for Smart911, which allows you to provide your first responders with key information in advance of an emergency call. Smart911 is a free opt-in service, and you can provide as much or as little information as you would like. The system has been updated to allow users to notify first responders of potential COVID positive persons in the household. When anyone in your household dials 911 from a landline or cell phone connected to your safety profile, all the information is immediately displayed to the emergency dispatcher. Click Here to Learn More