License and Permits

Liquor License

A liquor license is required for the sale or offer of sale of alcoholic liquor within the Village.  Please fill out an application and turn it into Village Hall (419 Richmond Road, Kenilworth IL 60043).

Applications can be found by clicking here.

For more information on liquor licenses, please view Chapter 116 of the Village Code

Restaurant License

Restaurant's in the Village are required to obtain an annual restaurant license. Restaurant license applications can by found by clicking here, and returned to Village Hall. 

For more information on restaurant licenses, please view Chapter 114 of the Village Code

Building Permits

Are you planning improvements for your business? The work may require a building permit. Check out our Building and Planning Division page to learn more. 

For more information, please contact our Building and Planning staff at or 847-251-1666 ext. 5253. 

Sign Permits

Do you want a sign to help promote your business? All signs in the Business District are required to be reviewed by the Architectural Review Commission. Applications can be found by clicking here. For more information on sign regulations, please view the zoning code by clicking here

If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Schmidt at, or 847-251-1666 ext. 5254