- You Are Here:
- Building/Planning Division
The Building/Planning Division is responsible for building, zoning, planning, and other activities that relate to land use in the Village. The department implements zoning regulations, building codes, planning guidelines, and other Village codes as they relate to the built environment.
The department’s functions include:
- Review of building permit applications for all building projects and other structures
- Zoning reviews and building plan reviews to assure compliance with regulations
- Issuance of building permits
- Code enforcement and inspections of projects under construction
- Review of tree removal applications and issuance of tree permits
The division is available to answer zoning code, building code, and construction questions, and to meet with applicants. Please e-mail the Building/Planning Division at email@example.com if you have any questions.
View the Comprehensive Plan here.
Contractors are not required to be registered with the Village. If your project requires electrical, plumbing, or roofing work, the Village requires the following item(s) to be submitted:
- Electrical License
- Plumbing License/Registration (055 and 058), and Letter of Intent
- License 060 (Lawn sprinkler installations)
- Roofing License
In the interest of safety and longevity, the Village will be updating its requirements regarding post-hole depths for fences. On November 1st and thereafter, all post holes for wood fences shall be required to reach a depth of 42" below grade. Post-holes for the metal posts shall remain at 36" below grade.
Applications can be found by clicking here.
For more information on liquor licenses, please view Title XI, Chapter 116 of the Village Code.